cdist-type__consul_template - Manage the consul-template service
Downloads and installs the consul-template binary from https://github.com/hashicorp/consul-template/releases/download/. Generates a global config file and creates directory for per template config files. Note that the consul-template binary is downloaded on the server (the machine running cdist) and then deployed to the target host using the __file type.
14.22.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
14.22.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
- specify a username for basic authentication.
- specify a password for basic authentication.
- the size of the batch when polling multiple dependencies.
- the location of the Consul instance to query (may be an IP address or FQDN) with port. Defaults to 'localhost:8500'.
- The log level for output. This applies to the stdout/stderr logging as well as syslog logging (if enabled). Valid values are "debug", "info", "warn", and "err". The default value is "warn".
- the maximum staleness of a query. If specified, Consul will distribute work among all servers instead of just the leader.
- the amount of time to wait if Consul returns an error when communicating with the API.
- either 'present' or 'absent'. Defaults to 'present'
- Path to an SSL client certificate to use to authenticate to the consul server. Useful if the consul server "verify_incoming" option is set.
- Path to a CA certificate file, containing one or more CA certificates to use to validate the certificate sent by the consul server to us. This is a handy alternative to setting --ssl-no-verify if you are using your own CA.
- The facility to use when sending to syslog. This requires the use of --syslog. The default value is LOCAL0.
- the Consul API token.
- the location of the Vault instance to query (may be an IP address or FQDN) with port.
- the Vault API token.
- Path to an SSL client certificate to use to authenticate to the vault server.
- Path to a CA certificate file, containing one or more CA certificates to use to validate the certificate sent by the vault server to us.
- which version of consul-template to install. See ./files/versions for a list of supported versions. Defaults to the latest known version.
- the minimum(:maximum) to wait before rendering a new template to disk and triggering a command, separated by a colon (:). If the optional maximum value is omitted, it is assumed to be 4x the required minimum value.
14.22.5. BOOLEAN PARAMETERS¶
- use HTTPS while talking to Consul. Requires the Consul server to be configured to serve secure connections.
- ignore certificate warnings. Only used if ssl is enabled.
- Send log output to syslog (in addition to stdout and stderr).
- use HTTPS while talking to Vault. Requires the Vault server to be configured to serve secure connections.
- ignore certificate warnings. Only used if vault is enabled.
__consul_template \ --consul consul.service.consul:8500 \ --retry 30s # specific version __consul_template \ --version 0.6.5 \ --retry 30s
Copyright (C) 2015 Steven Armstrong. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.