cdist-type__jail_freeebsd10 - Manage FreeBSD jails
This type is used on FreeBSD >= 10.0 to manage jails.
14.70.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
- Either "present" or "absent", defaults to "present".
- The location of the .tgz archive containing the base fs for your jails.
14.70.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
- The name of the jail. Default is to use the object_id as the jail name.
- The ifconfig style IP/netmask combination to use for the jail guest. If the state parameter is "present," this parameter is required.
- The FQDN to use for the jail guest. Defaults to the name parameter.
- The name of the physical interface on the jail server to bind the jail to. Defaults to the first interface found in the output of ifconfig -l.
- The name of the devfs ruleset to associate with the jail. Defaults to "jailrules." This ruleset must be copied to the server via another type. To use this option, devfs-enable must be "true."
- The location on the remote server to use for hosting jail filesystems. Defaults to /usr/jail.
14.70.5. BOOLEAN PARAMETERS¶
- Do not start the jail
- Whether to disallow devfs mounting within the jail
- Whether to add the jail to rc.conf's jail_list variable.
This type does not currently support modification of jail options. If, for example a jail needs to have its IP address or netmask changed, the jail must be removed then re-added with the correct IP address/netmask or the appropriate modifications to jail.conf need to be made through alternate means.
- The jail was started
- The jail was stopped
- The jail was created
- The jail was deleted
- The jail was configured to start on boot
# Create a jail called www __jail_freebsd10 www --state present --ip "192.168.1.2" --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # Remove the jail called www __jail_freebsd10 www --state absent --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # The jail www should not be started __jail_freebsd10 www --state present --stopped \ --ip "192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0" \ --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # Use the name variable explicitly __jail_freebsd10 thisjail --state present --name www \ --ip "192.168.1.2" \ --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # Go nuts __jail_freebsd10 lotsofoptions --state present --name testjail \ --ip "192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0" \ --hostname "testjail.example.com" --interface "em0" \ --onboot --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz --jaildir /jails
14.70.9. SEE ALSO¶
Copyright (C) 2012-2016 Jake Guffey. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.