cdist-type__consul - Install consul
Downloads and installs the consul binary from https://dl.bintray.com/mitchellh/consul. Note that the consul binary is downloaded on the server (the machine running cdist) and then deployed to the target host using the __file type unless --direct parameter is used.
16.19.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
16.19.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
- either 'present' or 'absent'. Defaults to 'present'
- which version of consul to install. See ./files/versions for a list of supported versions. Defaults to the latest known version.
16.19.5. BOOLEAN PARAMETERS¶
- Download and deploy consul binary directly on the target machine.
If consul binary is created using __staged_file then underlaying __file type messages are emitted.
If consul binary is created by direct method then the following messages are emitted:
- /usr/local/bin/consul created
- consul binary was created
# just install using defaults __consul # install by downloading consul binary directly on the target machine __consul --direct # specific version __consul \ --version 0.4.1
Copyright (C) 2015 Steven Armstrong. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.