cdist-type__sensible_editor - Select the sensible-editor
This cdist type allows you to select the sensible-editor for a given user.
16.136.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
Name or path of the editor to be selected. On systems other than Debian derivatives an absolute path is required.It is permissible to omit this parameter if --state is absent.
16.136.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
'present', 'absent', or 'exists'. Defaults to 'present', where:
- the sensible-editor is exactly what is specified in --editor.
- no sensible-editor configuration is present.
- the sensible-editor will be set to what is specified in --editor, unless there already is a configuration on the target system.
__sensible_editor root --editor /bin/ed # ed(1) is the standard __sensible_editor noob --editor nano
This type depends upon the sensible-editor(1) script which is part of the sensible-utils package.
- Therefore, the following operating systems are supported:
- Debian 8 (jessie) or later
- Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) or later
- RHEL/CentOS 7 or later (EPEL repo required)
- Fedora 21 or later
Note: on old versions of Ubuntu the sensible-* utils are part of the debianutils package.
16.136.7. SEE ALSO¶
Copyright (C) 2019 Dennis Camera. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.