cdist-type__block - Manage blocks of text in files
Manage a block of text in an existing file. The block is identified using the prefix and suffix parameters. Everything between prefix and suffix is considered to be a managed block of text.
16.10.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
- the text to manage. If text is '-' (dash), take what was written to stdin as the text.
16.10.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
- the file in which to manage the text block. Defaults to object_id.
- the prefix to add before the text. Defaults to #cdist:__block/$__object_id
- the suffix to add after the text. Defaults to #/cdist:__block/$__object_id
- 'present' or 'absent', defaults to 'present'
- block was added
- block was updated/changed
- block was removed
# text from argument __block /path/to/file \ --prefix '#start' \ --suffix '#end' \ --text 'some\nblock of\ntext' # text from stdin __block some-id \ --file /path/to/file \ --text - << DONE here some block of text DONE
Copyright (C) 2013 Steven Armstrong. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.