cdist-type__package_apt - Manage packages with apt-get
apt-get is usually used on Debian and variants (like Ubuntu) to manage packages.
16.92.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
16.92.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
- If supplied, use the name and not the object id as the package name.
- Either "present" or "absent", defaults to "present"
- Passed on to apt-get install, see apt-get(8). Essentially allows you to retrieve packages from a different release
- The version of the package to install. Default is to install the version chosen by the local package manager.
16.92.5. BOOLEAN PARAMETERS¶
- If this parameter is given when state is absent, the package is purged from the system (using --purge).
# Ensure zsh in installed __package_apt zsh --state present # In case you only want *a* webserver, but don't care which one __package_apt webserver --state present --name nginx # Remove obsolete package __package_apt puppet --state absent
16.92.7. SEE ALSO¶
Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Nico Schottelius. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.