cdist-type__package_pkgng_freebsd - Manage FreeBSD packages with pkg-ng
This type is usually used on FreeBSD to manage packages.
16.102.3. REQUIRED PARAMETERS¶
16.102.4. OPTIONAL PARAMETERS¶
- If supplied, use the name and not the object id as the package name.
- If supplied, use to avoid ambiguity.
- If supplied, use to install a specific version of the package named.
- If supplied, use to install the package named from a particular repo.
- Either "present" or "absent", defaults to "present"
16.102.5. BOOLEAN PARAMETERS¶
- If supplied, allow upgrading to the latest version of a package.
This type requires that repository definitions already exist in /etc/pkg/*.conf. Ensure that they exist prior to use of this type with __file.
pkg-ng can't upgrade a package to a specific version. If this type needs to upgrade a package, it can only ugprade to the latest available version. If the "upgrade" parameter is not given and an upgrade needs to occur, an error will result.
- The package was installed
- The package was removed
- The package was upgraded
- The package was already present and thus not installed
# Ensure zsh is installed __package_pkgng_freebsd zsh --state present # Ensure vim is installed, use flavor no_x11 __package_pkgng_freebsd vim --state present --flavor no_x11 # If you don't want to follow pythonX packages, but always use python __package_pkgng_freebsd python --state present --name python2 # Install a package from a particular repository when multiples exist __package_pkgng_freebsd bash --state present --repo myrepo # Remove obsolete package __package_pkgng_freebsd puppet --state absent
16.102.9. SEE ALSO¶
Copyright (C) 2014 Jake Guffey. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.